General
Workplace violence means de-escalation and breakaway skills now crucial for nursing students

Workplace violence means de-escalation and breakaway skills now crucial for nursing students

Shared by:

Workplace violence is a complex and common occupational hazard facing the nursing profession but through structured training on de-escalation and breakaway techniques, nursing students are better equipped today, to handle potentially dangerous situations.

today.mims.com

9 Jan 2017 - General

Violence is indeed present everywhere. Not just in the hospital but every place in the world. This is not just present for nurses but as well as doctors and other medical healthcare personnels. You must have at least presence of mind all the time, keeping yourself safe and well protected from anything that may harm you physically, emotionally or shall I say totally. I know that becoming a nurse is somewhat like a servant, treating your patients as if your family. A master wherein you'd like ...
 (Total 149 words)
This is a nice topic to discuss here in our community. As violence in workplace is now visible, i guess all of the healthcare professionals should learn how to protect self from harm. Taking a self defense course will actually help us in whatever harm we may encounter. I remember during our college days, we were advice to seriously focus on our self defense class. Which i find very helpful. Because i can hear and see over the news that nurses were harmed by their patients which is particularly w...
 (Total 90 words)