General
Why doctors are leery about seeking mental health care for themselves

Why doctors are leery about seeking mental health care for themselves

Shared by:

Suicidal and depressed physicians reported a fear of losing their licenses.

www.washingtonpost.com

10 Jan 2017 - General

Shunjie Chua in my country medical certificate is necessary for admission in medical schools and in admission forms you have to mention chronic illness if you have. I live in a developing...
 (Total 91 words)
As you and me know, studying medicine is the most stressful course in the world and so many researches have proven it. So most of the doctors tend to have psychiatric disorders but a few of them are seeking for expert advices from the psychiatric doc...
 (Total 58 words)
It is quite common for health care professionals to acquire mental health disorders because of their profession. There is such a thing we call "transference" which is an unconscious tendency to associate ourselves with what has been present...
 (Total 85 words)
Mental diseases are still considered to be a social stigma in many countries and not only the common people, but the healthcare professionals also fear to take treatment for it as it may affect their social image. Moreover, as discussed in the post, ...
 (Total 97 words)
This is really a hot topic, having appeared twice in almost a month. Afaque Ali Is there any mention of mental illnesses in your country's medical registration. In Singapore, there is a...
 (Total 68 words)