General
4 extreme cases of Munchausen’s syndrome

4 extreme cases of Munchausen’s syndrome

Shared by:

Munchausen’s syndrome is a mental disorder where the afflicted fake some kind of illness, with to receive undivided attention and adoration. Sufferers go very far to produce symptoms – they may lie, hurt themselves or alter tests.

today.mims.com

10 Jan 2017 - General

Thank for sharing these stories. There also is another entity to this. Munchausen syndrome by proxy, in which case one person abuses another, to seek attention. I recently watched a television series (Elementary, if you are familiar) that had a simil...
 (Total 77 words)
What a curious (and very strange) condition. Though it can get scary when the patient not only hurts herself but puts others at risk (like the second case). The third case is just too horrible to comprehend. It’s good to know though, that such a ment...
 (Total 73 words)
I agree with you Mahmoud AbdelAziz . It is indeed interesting. All stories are really surprising. What caught my attention is when the mother one by one killed her children. Goodness. I can...
 (Total 67 words)
Another name for Munchausen's syndrome is Factitious disorder. This illness should be distinguished from malingering, wherein patients also feign clinical symptoms. In contrast to factitious disorders, patients with malingering derive other benef...
 (Total 68 words)
This is a very interesting article. Some people with Munchausen's syndrome may spend years travelling from hospital to hospital feigning a wide range of illnesses to draw attention, sympathy or reassurance to themselves. The intensity of this dis...
 (Total 57 words)