General
Too many patients?: The stress faced by young doctors and medical students

Too many patients?: The stress faced by young doctors and medical students

Shared by:

It is understandable that, in the face of immense stress, doctors may complain profusely about having too many patients. However, this doctor has observed that such complaints come predominantly from the trainee doctors or students - let's explore this phenomenon.

today.mims.com

10 Jan 2017 - General

Doctors are trained to work under an enormous amount of pressure, whether it comes from too many patients. too much work or workplace problems. BUt at the end, even the most skilled person comes to a breaking point. In my country, we are being teste...
 (Total 50 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
As long as you meet difficulties and obstacles in your career or even your life, you should keep in mind that you will be stronger and all of these will be in the pas...
 (Total 76 words)
When I was doing my internship, there were so many patients to cover by a single house officer. Approximately 40 in number. When the consultant did the ward rounds I could not remember all the facts and then he gets panic. This is the commonest thin ...
 (Total 57 words)
I heard the same sentiments from our resident doctors. For example, having 3 days straight duty. Usually, our resident will vent out that it is really exhausting having this kind of schedule most especially when there are so many patients to attend. ...
 (Total 100 words)
I have been on perpetual duty for quite some time, and based from my experience, it is not the long working hours that are stressful for me. It is understaffing and inefficient systems, which I find more stressful than anything else. These factors pr...
 (Total 66 words)
Just as coin has two sides. This argument also has two sides. On one side, the knowledge and experience required by a doctor to develop his/her acumen can only be honed through seeing more patients. On the other, a doctor will be tired and may cause...
 (Total 82 words)
I wouldn't be surprised if some medical students and young doctors would develop stress-induced health issues due to the burden of their chosen career path. However, it would be very advantageous to always keep an optimistic outlook when being fa...
 (Total 72 words)
This article describes well the challenging work load juniors have to go through in their early years of career. On the one hand, it is really stressful and inhumane sometimes to work continuously for 36 hours while you are expected to deliver zero m...
 (Total 78 words)