General
The perks of having a medical student on the healthcare team

The perks of having a medical student on the healthcare team

Shared by:

Although medical students do not match doctors in knowledge and in experience, their roles as part of the healthcare team may inadvertently turn out to be beneficial for patient care.

today.mims.com

10 Jan 2017 - General

Medical students possess knowledge that we have long forgotten. I mean really, who here remembers the essential amino acids, or the side effects of Methylcobalamin. But there are some times that we need these fine details and instead of asking Dr. Go...
 (Total 59 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
When having medical students in your work field, you should use their passion to learn and tolerance to plant and harvest in them the ethics and the right pathways be...
 (Total 62 words)
There really is a plus side on having a medical student around. It pushes you to brush up on your academics as you re-learn or learn things with them. Medical students are eager beavers so they will ask you questions in order for them to learn but in...
 (Total 55 words)
I agree that having young blood on any team has the advantage of keeping the other members up to date with new information, especially with new technologies. Also, the idealism and fiercer passion from the younger ones can give life to the team and c...
 (Total 87 words)
It is good to know that most member of the community are eager to work together with the medical students. From what i know, one university in our place are giving their students an opportunity to assess patients including the past and present health...
 (Total 73 words)
It is really good to have medical students in the team because they provide novel insights to the given case scenario. Personally, I like it when medical students ask questions because as residents, we are given the chance to impart some of our clini...
 (Total 84 words)
This are interesting perspectives that should be shared. Traditionally, students are often seen as a burden for the medical team as they often slow down the progress of the team through their questions and need to teach them. Although there are advan...
 (Total 70 words)
I agree with Mahmoud AbdelAziz that a medical student's eagerness to learn and enthusiasm could be very refreshing for the healthcare team. Moreover, it is also beneficial to have them ...
 (Total 65 words)
Good medical students can be a really good asset to medical teams. Since they are still in the learning stage, the still have the enthusiasm and the eagerness to learn and ask more questions. Furthermore, exposing medical students to the hospital env...
 (Total 58 words)