General
Many Infants Are Not Getting Enough Vitamin D, Study Suggests

Many Infants Are Not Getting Enough Vitamin D, Study Suggests

Shared by:

In a new study, many breast-feeding mothers said that they did not give vitamin D supplements daily to their infants.

www.livescience.com

10 Jan 2017 - General

Shunjie Chua I agree; a simple online search also showed me about this recommendation, especially for breastfed infants since the mother has to consume very large amounts of Vitamin D in ...
 (Total 68 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Madhubabu kaaja I haven't heard about the recommendation either. But this does not mean that it i...
 (Total 98 words)
today here doctors are prescribing vitamin D from 6 months above below 6 months not prescribing that what I observed. As Theekshana Abayawickrama told that mother milk contains vitamin D so ...
 (Total 74 words)
In normal circumstances there is no need of supplementation for both mother and infants but if mother is not getting enough vitamin D to meet the needs of both than it is better to take vitamin D supplements than weaker bones and structural deformiti...
 (Total 57 words)
In my opinion, infants should not require any additional supplementation. Breast milk contains most if not all nutrients a growing infant needs so unless the mother is severely deficient in nutrients, they should be fine. The lack of vitamin D must b...
 (Total 57 words)
I haven’t heard about this recommendation, though I did wonder if my baby is getting enough Vitamin D. As a mother with a 1-month-old infant, I am also hesitant to give my child anything if it isn’t really needed. I may perhaps wait until he is 6 mon...
 (Total 75 words)
The recommendation of reducing sun exposure is largely based on studies on individuals with Fitzpatrick types 1 and 2. I believe that the recommendation would be different in colored people who are present in large parts of Asia. This appears to be b...
 (Total 75 words)
Yes, I have read that article but it does not mean that vitamin D drops can cause mortality. I have also given Vitamin D drops to my daughter but she is perfectly alright. Of course regular vitamin D supplementation by mothers should be taken but in ...
 (Total 58 words)
That is true Tahira Nawaz . Exposing the baby in the sunlight should be limited to a required time and as well as we should consider the time that we should expose our child. Anyway, Have y...
 (Total 66 words)
Mothers should be very careful as the risk of vitamin D deficiency in infants has been increasing. Breast milk does not have enough vitamin D to meet the needs of infant so infants must receive vitamin D drops to avoid deficiencies. It is also not sa...
 (Total 61 words)