General
Quezon City gears up as PH medical tourism capital

Quezon City gears up as PH medical tourism capital

Shared by:

In March 2017, Quezon City – poised to become Philippines’ medical tourism capital - will host the 1st Quezon City International Medical Tourism Summit.

today.mims.com

11 Jan 2017 - General

Relax people it's just a summit. Worst case scenario is that nobody shows up. Sad thing about private hospitals in third world countries like the Philippines is that they are able to survive mostly from international patients. Those fancy million dollar equipment weren't really meant for those who can't pay for it. Medicine is a business to these big hospitals and that's the harsh reality. ...
 (Total 97 words)
I would have to react negatively to this. I do not think that it is logical to engage in medical tourism unless the services for local inhabitants are already satisfactory. I think that the local health sector should prioritize improving the services for our countrymen before engaging on a larger scale project. In a country wherein majority of well-trained healthcare professionals are already leaving the country, it is not wise to engage in medical tourism because it will lessen the availability...
 (Total 107 words)
Madhubabu kaaja The problem with medical tourism for foreigners is often the trust issue. Going through the medical tourism consultant is often not good as he/she is often profit/commission driven and may not recommend you the best medical practitioner for you. I do not think it would be possible to obtain the outcomes data of for a medical/surgical practitioner. It would be great if there is a place where recomme...
 (Total 78 words)
Madhubabu kaaja It is great that another city is gearing itself up for medical tourism. This can help residents in developed countries to be able to secure treatment for problems at a lower rate. It can also aid in the improvement in the local economy. I looked briefly at medical tourism in Quezon, but was not able to identify any directory or forum to identify the medical practitioners which are trustworthy. Woul...
 (Total 81 words)