General
Scrubs, Grey’s Anatomy: Are medical students learning bad habits?

Scrubs, Grey’s Anatomy: Are medical students learning bad habits?

Shared by:

In our study of Australian medical students viewing habits, almost all (94%) said they had watched medical shows at some point. House and Scrubs were...

www.meddybear.net

11 Jan 2017 - General

Once in medical school, I asked a question to one of my senior who was watching “House”. Why are you watching this? Is there any benefit of watching in these seasons? His answer was simple there are no educational benefits, you only learn medical eth...
 (Total 64 words)
I honestly don't think that these shows are influential in creating bad habits among students. When I was a student, a lot of my classmates watched some medical dramas just for pure fun, and in fact we would make snide comments about unusual beha...
 (Total 65 words)
I have not watched any of the TV shows from beginning to end, but I have watched a few episodes of each and I have mixed feeling about the statement in this article. It is actually pretty enjoyable, but at the same time it can be giving a wrong impre...
 (Total 58 words)
The phenomena of medical students/junior doctors learning from the media is actually opposite from what I have experienced with my peers. Amongst my peers, we often use the shows as a form of relaxation, but we often try to spot the errors which we s...
 (Total 63 words)