General
What not to wear: Do doctors need a dress code?

What not to wear: Do doctors need a dress code?

Shared by:

Most patients want to see their doctor dressed in a white lab coat or a suit. But fancy threads take a back seat to scrubs when it comes to emergency...

www.meddybear.net

11 Jan 2017 - General

Doctors must be dressed in such a way that they are identified from a distance. Dressing soberly and formally is also important. This type of dressing gives the perception to human psychology that they are noble and belongs to some intellectual class...
 (Total 62 words)
I used to wear the white coat while I was studying in the dental school and follow it even today. The dress code needs to be developed as it gives uniformity. Not only the doctors, but the other healthcare staff like nurses also need to have a proper...
 (Total 88 words)
I used to wear the white coat while I was studying in the dental school and follow it even today. The dress code needs to be developed as it gives uniformity. Not only the doctors, but the other healthcare staff like nurses also need to have a proper...
 (Total 88 words)
Of course doctors should have a dress code. This varies depending in the area of practice. I don't think that its practical for doctors to dress in formal attire in local community health clinics and wards of public hospitals. All patients expect...
 (Total 63 words)
In Sri Lanka, we used to wear white coats in our student lives. But now we do not wear a uniform but we have a drrss code with shirt, trouser and a tie. The general public expect that a doctor should be smart and decent. If we do not wear properly it...
 (Total 58 words)
I strongly believe that doctors do need a dress code. People look at doctors in a special way. They have a great respect and faith towards doctors, and we have to dress and act accordingly to deserve that. It may not be a white coat, but a doctor sho...
 (Total 59 words)
This is a topic that I am rather familiar with as I have previously performed some research of patient expectations of attire in Dermatologists. I think the Dr Christopher Petrilli has summarized the requirements very succinctly in this aspect by sta...
 (Total 60 words)