General
SUTD students create devices to ease workload of healthcare professionals

SUTD students create devices to ease workload of healthcare professionals

Shared by:

Among the devices developed by students of the Singapore University of Technology and Design is one that promises to ease the workload of nurses by eliminating the need to check for bleeding in their patients every 15 minutes after they have had tubes removed.

today.mims.com

12 Jan 2017 - General

These are very innovative inventions, and I think that these might help decrease the workload of nurses, interns or residents who are tasked to do regular monitoring of wounds. I also hope that this device has integrated the measurement of a "bl...
 (Total 67 words)
It’s great that students are focusing research on areas like this to make health care tasks easier on the staff. Aside from being beneficial to nurses and medical personnel, these inventions also benefit patients since they free up the staff to do mo...
 (Total 62 words)
I congratulate and appreciate the students of Singapore University of Technology and Design who have developed a device BWard that can ease the workload of nurses and doctors to repeatedly check and monitor the bleeding in patients. This device is de...
 (Total 65 words)
Monitoring for signs of bleeding in a patient can really be a tiring task for nurses and doctors. They have to chart blood pressure, pulse rate and the patient condition every 15 minutes or so and still there is a chance of patient continuing to blee...
 (Total 56 words)
Singapore University students developed a device and named it as 'Bward' to detect blood from wound dressing as it creates alarm if blood is leaking. It is useful for patients with catheter dialysis. It is a good technology developed for us f...
 (Total 60 words)