General
Working with machines – How robotic arms have helped doctors achieve better patient outcomes in heart surgeries

Working with machines – How robotic arms have helped doctors achieve better patient outcomes in heart surgeries

Shared by:

In 2014, Hong Kong’s Queen Mary Hospital introduced the robotic arm technology to gradually replace traditional open-heart surgeries. The robotic technology is also available in several other public hospitals, but Queen Mary was the first and only hospital applying the technology to heart surgeries.

today.mims.com

12 Jan 2017 - General

Surgery augmented with robot is something that has been studied for a long period of time. Given the advantages offered by this, it is expected to be adopted more and more broadly. With this, there will then be a chance for the costs to decrease to a...
 (Total 69 words)
With the evolution of the science and technology, new inventions has been produced making the manual work easier than they were. In the most of the developed countries, the surgeries are done with the use of robotic hands. It is very helpful to perf...
 (Total 54 words)
The robots definitely have changed the way of practice, especially in terms of heart surgery. Due to complexities of issues involved in a heart surgery, the robots are the machines that are specifically designed to give efficient and effective result...
 (Total 68 words)
I had a discussion with my consultant about the use of robotics in surgery some time back. We don't have such facilities in my country, but my boss has had training in robotic surgery in the states and he believes that it will not be long till mo...
 (Total 57 words)
Hongkong moving robotics surgeries for better patient out comes in heart surgeries than compared to open heart surgeries. Here as chances for infection is slight than compared to open surgeries and requires training that are only concerns for this. D...
 (Total 47 words)