General
Doctors' bad handwriting puts patients at risk

Doctors' bad handwriting puts patients at risk

Shared by:

The High Court of Bangladesh has ordered doctors to write prescriptions in block letters or in print, after multiple accounts of illegible handwriting led to incomprehensible prescriptions and dispensing errors.

today.mims.com

12 Jan 2017 - General

I remember us discussing this before. It definitely is a large problem to have hieroglyphic like hand writing or the kind that needs to be decoded. I do not have perfect hand writing and my hand writing does become quite ugly when I write fast but wh...
 (Total 84 words)
I agree with you Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . There are some who have good penmanship however, there are just some who are not writing eligibly. I had this experience most of the time. And when ...
 (Total 79 words)
It is really difficult to set a standard at which handwriting is considered legible. However, if it is a threat to the patient's safety then something must be done about it. When I was a medical student, I remember that I had a classmate whose wr...
 (Total 77 words)
This has become a popular topic in the public discussions and there is a truth behind the scenes as well. Because I have experienced and met the same issues while I was reading some of my seniors hand writing. We also fail to read them sometimes and ...
 (Total 59 words)
Bad handwriting is really a serious problem in some places. Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Tahira Nawaz Some doctors have unreadabl...
 (Total 90 words)
It’s my first time to hear about a law/ court order telling doctors to improve their handwriting. I think we’ve already gotten used to doctors having illegible handwriting at times and already accept it as a normal thing. This order though, shows tha...
 (Total 72 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
This is a famous mark of most doctors, you can rarely find a doctor with, not good,but understandable hand writing and I give them an excuse due to their busy time an...
 (Total 63 words)
In today's world, where the technological advancements have revolutionized the world, it is an outdated practice to write the prescription with hands. errors in medicine can cost a lot and therefore, there is no place for it in the healthcare set...
 (Total 70 words)
Bangladesh high court has taken much needed step in ordering the doctors to write prescriptions in block letters or issue printed prescription and I think printed prescription is the best option to reduce the chances of error to lower level. Not only...
 (Total 64 words)
I don't know why the society have this kind of mentality, "a doctors penmanship thing." There are some doctors who may have good handwritings but mostly not. I don't know the reason behind all of this, but I guess you guys must go b...
 (Total 154 words)
I guess we all can relate to this problem of bad handwriting. The struggles many of us especially the pharmacists face to find out what is exactly written are real. This problem can actually lead to many medical errors. To overcome this situation, I ...
 (Total 66 words)
Doctors corrosive writing making patients into risk. Corrosive hand writing is unable to understand by pharmacist some times and some times major chances of errors during dispensing. Medications by generic name is one proposal here stated, But in add...
 (Total 58 words)