General
New Drug That Melts Away Cancer Cells

New Drug That Melts Away Cancer Cells

Shared by:

Developed by the research team of international and Australian scientists, Venetoclax, which will be sold as Venclexta, has been approved by Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration. The anti-cancer drug has the power to "melt away" certain

healthscienceandtechnology.com

12 Jan 2017 - General

Kathleen Peralta , I do understand what you mean in the previous post. I was just thinking that this type of thought is something that needs to be reconsidered. This is because many oncologic treatment often have a very low benefit to cost ratio. I have personally seen patients' family who have sold apartments/ cars to finance their treatment, in the end, the patient only lives for a few months more and have ...
 (Total 97 words)
Kathleen Peralta,i have no idea about the costs of the product. But judging from previous cancer medications, it is likely to be a significant cost with only a small improvements to the life of the patients. Unlike what you stated, I believe that costs should still be considered when considering medication. This is because I believe that the endpoint of medical treatment should be quality of life, if thee costs a...
 (Total 83 words)