General
Graduate dies of cancer aged 25 after begging doctor for smear test multiple times

Graduate dies of cancer aged 25 after begging doctor for smear test multiple times

Shared by:

The family of a woman who died from cervical cancer aged 25 has said the current age limit for smear tests should be lowered. Amber Rose Cliff, a housing officer and business studies graduate from Sunderland, died last weekend after fighting the illness for four years.

www.independent.co.uk

12 Jan 2017 - General

I do agree that the pap smear should have been given if the story was as described by you.Marinelle Castro I find it rather interesting that we are cross examining a internet tabloid articl...
 (Total 136 words)
Shunjie Chua I understand what you mean about the article being vague because it lacks specific details. However, if a patient already presented with "worrying symptoms" and has...
 (Total 81 words)
Marinelle Castro, The story is very vague on the details. I do not think that her GP has not examined her. If that is a case, there would definitely have been a malpractice suit brewing. Th...
 (Total 97 words)
Aww. Too bad for the patients. I assume that this is not the first case happened in the country. I guess, Healthcare system in UK must be revised. They must atleast consider the complaints of their patients. Good thing that here in our country, patie...
 (Total 60 words)
Kathleen Peralta It seems like medical practice in the British region is becoming "too standardized" that the essence of individualized treatment is already lost. I understand th...
 (Total 67 words)
This is what frustrates me about the healthcare system here in UK as they seem to put everyone in the same umbrella and if you are not in that "group" or "age" they wouldn't consider you at risks. There is too much legislation...
 (Total 74 words)
This is tragic news indeed. The guidelines imposed by the British government through the NHS don’t allow taking the screening test by those under 25 years old. The fact that she tried desperately to take the test is really saddening. Fortunately in M...
 (Total 58 words)