General
Hospital given steep fine for lack of security in medications

Hospital given steep fine for lack of security in medications

Shared by:

Abington Memorial Hospital was heavily faulted by US authorities for a lack of security pertaining to controlled substances after a pharmacist stole drugs through a loophole.

today.mims.com

13 Jan 2017 - General

In the last few years, the number of individuals who abuse narcotic drugs have increased. In fact, I have read some news reporters who claim that there is an epidemic of narcotic drug abuse in their region. I think that one way to combat this problem...
 (Total 85 words)
Here in our country, pharmacists located in the city, they are very particular with the drug prescription coming from the doctors. Especially for antibiotics and regulated drugs. However, what i have observed some pharmacy located in rural areas, the...
 (Total 87 words)
Medical errors may cause serious damage in terms of health and life of a person. It is very important to follow strict scrutiny to make sure that the necessary standards are met in the hospital for dispensing the medications. The pharmacist and the w...
 (Total 53 words)
A hospital in USA steep fined drug security concerns and non maintenance of record moreover some drugs are being stolen. I feel that hospital administration and health care team responsible for the incidents happened here. It is purely a negligence. ...
 (Total 68 words)