General
Between love and duty: How can HCPs deal with broken promises due to medical emergencies

Between love and duty: How can HCPs deal with broken promises due to medical emergencies

Shared by:

Time with your loved ones is always precious, because all too often your time is spend caring for your patients instead. Even then, it can be taken from you at a moment’s notice – especially when an emergency arises back in the hospital.

today.mims.com

13 Jan 2017 - General

Being health care professionals means being very dedicated to your job because people’s lives are at stake. The main drawback, however, is the difficulty in having the proper work-life balance. This is also extremely difficult for HCPs with families and kids. I think, however, that drawbacks and sacrifices re inevitable, even in any profession. Its up to us to explain well to loved ones and try to make up for it in other ways, like showing them they are valuable whenever you are with them throug...
 (Total 89 words)
Time with loved ones is definitely precious, and I for one would always react negatively (i.e. mood change) if my partner cancels / turns up late even if I understand the situation. But I would calm down few minutes after. It's one thing that is inevitable in our lives as healthcare professionals and hard as it is, we have to accept and understand it. However, I found a way to limit for these things to happen to me, so, I joined Day Surgery Unit, instead of Main Theatres, as staff in DSU hav...
 (Total 126 words)