General
Between love and duty: How can HCPs deal with broken promises due to medical emergencies

Between love and duty: How can HCPs deal with broken promises due to medical emergencies

Shared by:

Time with your loved ones is always precious, because all too often your time is spend caring for your patients instead. Even then, it can be taken from you at a moment’s notice – especially when an emergency arises back in the hospital.

today.mims.com

13 Jan 2017 - General

Being health care professionals means being very dedicated to your job because people’s lives are at stake. The main drawback, however, is the difficulty in having the proper work-life balance. This is also extremely difficult for HCPs with families ...
 (Total 89 words)
I have so many experiences regarding this issue. When the partner of a health care professional is a non health care professional, this might be a problem. Medicine is like that. Whenever an emergency comes, the doctor has to appear. I think this is ...
 (Total 60 words)
Time with loved ones is definitely precious, and I for one would always react negatively (i.e. mood change) if my partner cancels / turns up late even if I understand the situation. But I would calm down few minutes after. It's one thing that is ...
 (Total 126 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
Healthcare professionals are facing a huge stress in their work due to a busy schedules and emergency cases they see on daily basis.
They barely find a time to sp...
 (Total 68 words)
I can relate to this article especially when anyone from our family got hospitalized in another hospital. Sometimes, i feel like i regret taking up nursing because of this instances. That i was not able to take care my own family when they are not fe...
 (Total 82 words)
A doctors and other healthcare professionals, the quality of our lives depent a lot on how much our family and friends understand us. Our job is tough and often requires us at odd hours and maybe during the most pleasurable moments with family. I am ...
 (Total 53 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz I can relate very well to this article, because the nature of my chosen surgical subspecialty requires me to be on-call most of the time. Fortunately, my family and frien...
 (Total 67 words)
Most of us will relate to this article. Surly we have experienced many times when we promise our family members or our friends that we will meet them on dinner or on a movie and we end up apologizing for not attending or even being late in best cases...
 (Total 66 words)