General
In conversation: Dr Emerito Jose A. Faraon weighs in on the improvements and challenges of Philippine healthcare in 2016

In conversation: Dr Emerito Jose A. Faraon weighs in on the improvements and challenges of Philippine healthcare in 2016

Shared by:

We talked to Dr Emerito Jose A. Faraon, Assistant Professor and former Chair of the Department of Health Policy and Administration of the College of Public of Health (CPH) of the University of the Philippines Manila, and former Senior Technical Officer of the Office for Technical Services (OTS) Department of Health (DOH), to discuss some of the highlights of the Philippine healthcare in 2016.

today.mims.com

15 Jan 2017 - General

In addition to what was mentioned by Dr. Faraon, our country is also facing the challenges in the area of mental health. As you may know, one of the main agenda of the Duterte administration is to end the battle with drug addiction. Many individuals with substance abuse disorder already surrendered themselves, and we must find a way to rehabilitate these individuals. We have very few psychiatrists in the country who specialize in addiction, and we need to establish more facilities to address thi...
 (Total 85 words)
Jennifer Winter Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the budget. I don't think that it is right to associate the healthcare budget in anyway to the quality of health that has been received by the population. This is because the quality of health that is delivered to the end consumer(i.e. patient) will depend on how the budget is utlitised and other factors. An example of a countries which have a high health bu...
 (Total 101 words)
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on the article! I'll make sure Dr Faraon gets your kind words. Let's all hope for a better year for the Philippine healthcare! :) Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Shunjie Chua Jennifer Winter ...
 (Total 41 words)
Advancements and progress in healthcare system in the Philippines with the new administration is becoming visible day to day. From budget allocation, to proposed plans and more campaigns on health keeps on coming out. Free hospitalization and coverage for marginalized people will bring an impact in the healthcare system especially to those who are deserving and couldn't afford the treatment they deserve. By increasing the budget, I hope that this will land in the hands of the right people an...
 (Total 87 words)