General
Singapore study finds lack of sleep linked to increased risk of gestational diabetes

Singapore study finds lack of sleep linked to increased risk of gestational diabetes

Shared by:

Indians were found to be at the highest risk with 25% developing GDM, compared with 20.5% among Chinese and 12.4% among Malays.

today.mims.com

16 Jan 2017 - General

Thanks for sharing the article Madhubabu kaaja . As noted by the authors of the study, there are many limitations to the study and this makes interpreting this the true outcomes of the study. With many years of research, it is undeniable that sleep plays a important role in the body. I believe that not just pregnant women, but everyone should try to get more sleep if possible( Unfortunately it is not that possible...
 (Total 75 words)
Madhubabu kaaja
Sleeping is for sure very important to maintain your body healthy and sleeping is the only time your body can rest and start the cleaning process.
During sleeping as I know growth hormone is released as it conducts many metabolic pathways and it is working properly at night when you sleep early.
I'm not surprised how not enough sleep affects pregnant women and cause diabetes even a...
 (Total 78 words)