General
Cyber attack hits largest NHS hospital trust

Cyber attack hits largest NHS hospital trust

Shared by:

The largest NHS hospital trust, which runs five hospitals across east London, has been hit by a cyber attack, which may have an effect on thousands of confidential data and files, and affect patient care.

today.mims.com

17 Jan 2017 - General

If it wasn't for this article in the community, I wouldn't have known about the recent cyber attack as I don't normally watch news due to parental resppnsibilities after work. Haha. Anyway, this wasn't the first time that medical records were reported to have been hacked. Most of the NHS uses electronic medical records and the management/ executive are aware that leak of information could occur due to cyber attacks, etc. In my current workplace, I kept receiving emails from IT sa...
 (Total 109 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz , Thank you for sharing the article. It offers a view on the importance of maintenance of IT in the age where there cyber attacks are prevalent. Heena Pohani I do agree that more the admin can look into adding more layers of security, but it cannot be excessive because if there are too many layers, the system bec...
 (Total 91 words)