General
PH unprepared for sex talk – DOH

PH unprepared for sex talk – DOH

Shared by:

With the Health Department’s condom distribution plans facing opposition from the Catholic Church and the local government of Quezon City, Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial has said that the school system, and the country by extension, is not ready for sex talk.

today.mims.com

18 Jan 2017 - General

If we keep on saying we are not prepared we never will be. The more we stick to this mentality the more kids will hide their sexual encounters and more trouble will come from this. I completely agree with not distributing condoms, as seemingly a lot of us here are as well, in schools. Here they are saying the kids aren't ready to be talked about sex so let's just hand them condoms ? Keep the condoms in the public health sectors where definitely they have sex education and sexual health s...
 (Total 99 words)
Thank you for sharing the article Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . The prevention of the spread of HIV is truly a issue which is very important for the society. Does anyone know how the the causes for the HIV distributed amongst the group. I think the interesting thing is that this very issue which Philippines is experiencing is similar to what was happening in the states in the early 90s. It was quite harrowing that the ...
 (Total 118 words)
I agree with Marinelle Castro and Priscilla Mae Gobuyan that the Philippines' state as predominantly Catholic makes the countrymen not ready for sexual education. I stand firm against distributing condoms in the schools because it will only trigger more curiosity for adolescents who are in the stage of experimentation. Moreove...
 (Total 86 words)
This is an odd, alarming and serious situation. The daily rate of HIV new cases is terrifying. I believe that if the Filipino society wasn’t really ready for “the talk”, there wouldn’t have been this high incidence of HIV cases in the first place. Teenagers should be targeted with this awareness talk to let them know the lifelong risk of unprotected casual sex. I agree with Marinelle Castro in rejecting the idea...
 (Total 98 words)
I do not agree with the distribution of condoms, but I also do not agree that Filipinos are NOT ready for "sex talk". The growing number of HIV cases among adolescents is telling that Filipinos need to be educated about this matter. I'd like to reference the government-led project in Thailand wherein back in the 1990's the government (despite the concept of the project being taboo) educated sex health workers about STIs and AIDS and distributed condoms among them. That project ...
 (Total 141 words)
Considering that the Philippines is a catholic country wherein sex is still a taboo for each and everyone. It is still difficult to implement openly the distribution of condoms most especially to public schools. I personally do not agree with the idea of distributing these materials to the youth for the purpose of stopping the spread of HIV. Proper parental guidance is still the best weapon to avoid these kind of issues. If parents could provide the love their children deserve, I think pre-marit...
 (Total 103 words)