General
The Imposter Syndrome: What it is and how it can be treated

The Imposter Syndrome: What it is and how it can be treated

Shared by:

Imposter syndrome refers to persistent feelings of inadequacy in spite of evident success. People with imposter syndrome suffer from chronic self-doubt. They also experience a sense of intellectual fraudulence that takes precedence over any feelings of success or proof of their competence. This syndrome is found in most professions, and healthcare is no exception.

today.mims.com

18 Jan 2017 - General

We all know that one person who always says he isn't prepared for the exams and feels that he might fail but aces the exam EVERY TIME. while it does not really point out to Imposter Syndrome, it's just funny and kinda serious that high achievers always tend to be that way. I asked one person who I think has Imposter Syndrome, "Why do you still feel inadequate after all these achievements?"

He always tell that "there's something missing." Like he can't...
 (Total 117 words)
I’ve read about this syndrome before and studies have found that it affects high achievers more. It is quite a curious phenomenon, and like Theekshana Abayawickrama, I have come across some people who fit the symptoms of the condition to a certain degree. I wonder if all cases of such a phenomenon really have to be treated, even those that are mild and do not severely affect the quality of life? Especially also si...
 (Total 96 words)
Thanks for sharing this interesting topic with us Habiba Twakkol . I can strongly relate to this syndrome. I guess it is very common among medical students where many of us learn to be harsh on ourselves to survive this highly competitive environment. The tips in the article are very valuable and practical. We should always remember that we are human beings together after all and there is always a room for error ...
 (Total 75 words)
This is a very difficult syndrome to be treated in case. This involves the mental status of the patient in which will be a little bit difficult to penetrate most of the time by the consultant or healthcare professional. Maybe this kind of individuals may have experienced maltreatment or being degraded when they were younger. And/or they may have not received any appreciation for the simple success they had before which have been already implanted at the back of their mind that no matter what kin...
 (Total 96 words)