General
The no-suicide contract: does it help?

The no-suicide contract: does it help?

Shared by:

Seven Hong Kong students committed suicide in nine days in March 2016, piquing the public’s interest about government measures in place to prevent such a crisis. As such, the Education Bureau initiated the creation of a ‘no-suicide contract’ and included it in an 88-page handbook distributed to schools for dealing with issues such as depression.

today.mims.com

20 Jan 2017 - General

I too think that a no- suicide contract is more of a tawdry attempt to control the problem. If I am on the verge of killing or hurting myself, I wouldn't bother thinking of calling help because first of all, I already feel helpless and alone. Why would I need help from anyone still? I think establishing a trusted and concerned circle will help a lot. Would you think, having exercises and events that could help strengthen bonds with friends help? Like a friendship day of some sort, as to stre...
 (Total 103 words)
Thank you for sharing the article Madhubabu kaaja . The suicide rate is indeed alarming, but HK actually doesnt have such a high rate compared to the other countries. The no-suicide contract is not that novel, from what i understand, it was popular in the early 2000s, but it dropped off after that, as Marinelle Castro pointed out,...
 (Total 82 words)