General
The collaborative roles of dentists and doctors in diabetes prevention

The collaborative roles of dentists and doctors in diabetes prevention

Shared by:

Diabetes is likely to lead to various medical complications if left unchecked, and diabetic patients are also at greater risk of developing dental problems due to poor glucose control. As such, doctors and dentists have a strong angle for patient care collaboration when it comes to diabetes.

today.mims.com

23 Jan 2017 - General

Thank you sharing the article Mahmoud AbdelAziz . This is a aspect which I had not known much about previously. From the places which i have practiced, there hasn't been much cooperation between Dentists and Doctors in the management of diabetic patients as far as i know about. For anyone who might be interested this article(http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v211/n5/full/sj.bdj.2011.724.html) In the BDJ seems...
 (Total 72 words)
Diabetes Mellitus is a multi-factorial systematic disease. It manifests itself in many ways and its complications destruct many different types of tissues. Although Diabetes is primarily an endocrinal disorder, dentists have a major role in the life of diabetic patients. Frequent and resistant mouth infections and loss of teeth are very important indicators to check blood glucose levels. Also, diabetic patients need to have their blood sugar levels controlled prior to tooth extraction and other ...
 (Total 77 words)