General

Healthcare Services for Illegal Immigrants

Created by:

24 Jan 2017 - General

I was reading about health care reform in the United States, when I encountered an issue about the provision of health care services among the illegal immigrant population. In the United States, illegal immigrants occupy a substantial proportion of the population, and as of 2012, there are approximately 11.4 million undocumented immigrants. Their legislation on the affordable care act restricts these people from enjoying the health care services included in the provision. I just want to get the opinion of the community members if you agree to such restrictions. If not, what do you think are the appropriate measures for this problem?

Photo credit: http://www.listland.com/top-10-solutions-to-illegal-immigration-in-the-usa/

Theekshana Abayawickrama I understand where you're coming from, but sometimes it's hard to address especially in a large country like the United States. I agree with Mahmoud AbdelAziz that that illegal migrants should also have a fair access to health care. In my opinion, they should be provided with vaccinations and prev...
 (Total 99 words)
Illegal immigration is a big term that is used to criminalize the movement of people from country to another without fulfilling the checklists. Even people fleeing natural disasters and wars to other countries on foot are considered illegal immigrants. Their reasons for moving vary and their numbers may increase inside their destination countries due to having kids. Those immigrants are human beings after all and deserve health coverage at least till fulfilling their documents or finding a prope...
 (Total 82 words)