General
The differences between psychology and psychiatry

The differences between psychology and psychiatry

Shared by:

Psychology and psychiatry are terms that are often used interchangeably. However, while it is widely known that both involve the study of the brain, behaviour, emotions and thoughts, there are significant differences between the two areas of study.

today.mims.com

25 Jan 2017 - General

They are commonly used interchangeably and I guess there is a thin line difference between the two. Most teenage nowadays are fighting against depression by themselves. Thus counseling them can be a better option too to assess their behavior towards stress and how they cope it. As far as I can remember before entering college we do have this psych test and also before I entered working in the hospital. Thorough evaluation of mental behaviors should be integrated into our practice as well as in s...
 (Total 109 words)
Mental health illness are very complex because they are associated with biological, environmental and psychological factors. Historically, treatment approach to mental health illnesses utilized the psychological approach. This has been popularized by Mesmer, Freud, Jung, Skinner, and other psychologists. Biological approaches to treatment flourished when doctors and other scientists started exploring the neurochemical basis of mental health illness. So in essence, psychologists concentrate on th...
 (Total 100 words)