General
PH Roundup: Zika tally; support for malnourished kids; docu on PH’s busiest maternity hospital

PH Roundup: Zika tally; support for malnourished kids; docu on PH’s busiest maternity hospital

Shared by:

The Philippines ends 2016 with 53 Zika cases; a local airline company supports the fight against malnutrition and a documentary on the Philippines' busiest maternity hospital competes in the Sundance Film Festival in the U.S.

today.mims.com

27 Jan 2017 - General

Tarah Cadiz The current situation of parents giving birth at Fabella hospital is really intolerable. I could not describe how our fellow Filipino women are getting substandard quality of hospital stay due to lack of facilities. A documentary about this hospital will perhaps allow government officials to take actions in accommodating thousands of patients with quality equipment and facilities. It is really reassur...
 (Total 82 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Yes, this is a great news in the field of healthcare since steps are being done to combat malnutrition, an underrated problem in the country. Doing community work on my junior and senior internship years has really opened my eyes about the poor status of nutrition among Filipino children. Parents should also be educated on basic nutrition including awareness on the importance of the three ma...
 (Total 78 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree with you that the focus should be on both maternal and infant malnutrition to decrease the alarming 26 percent rate of chronic malnutrition. Nonetheless, the Philippine healthcare is really lucky to receive a substantial sponsorship from a local airline to sustain nutrition of misfortunate kids for the past 3 months. As for the firsthand Fab...
 (Total 95 words)
Good news that another airline has been added up to the companies who continually help out make this campaign a success. Malnutrition as one of the leading causes of death among the poorest families in the Philippines needs to be addressed seriously. I've also heard about Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital in Manila having this outrageous population when it comes to OB-Gyne cases most especially for mothers giving birth. One thing that is good about this new administration is that, they'...
 (Total 93 words)