General
Sweet-Tooth Nation: US Can't Kick Soda Habit

Sweet-Tooth Nation: US Can't Kick Soda Habit

Shared by:

Two new reports from the CDC show that nearly two-thirds of American kids and about one-half of American adults drink at least one sugary drink a day.

www.livescience.com

27 Jan 2017 - General

So to answer your question, Mark Edmon Tan, on how to prevent this consumption is by educating the parents. I still believe that everything starts at home from manners to healthy living. If the children learn that drinking soda is not good from their parents this could make a significant change. I do like that idea of placing health hazard warnings on these drinks. It may not have much of an effect on teens (due ...
 (Total 87 words)
Tarah Cadiz Sodas and carbonated beverages are noted to cause bloating as carbon expands in the stomach's acid pH. Hence, it is notorious for producing GI symptoms such as gastroesophageal reflux. Your case might have something to do with the laxative effect of caffeine. I just got out of the soda habit and I hope you can stay away from sodas too in order to prevent unwanted health hazards due to excessive su...
 (Total 75 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Your mom has been very firm in reinforcing that soda is bad for your health and I am sure that you very thankful. You are right! Families play a heavy role in a person's daily dietary choices. Those who have a strong family history of a lifestyle related diseases (i.e. hypertension or diabetes) often admit that their families like to share soy-based dishes or sweets in the dinner t...
 (Total 73 words)
Marinelle Castro Congratulations on your success in removing the habit of drinking soda. I am certain that you would agree that stopping to drink soda will make one feel an acidic feeling down the esophagus when taking in soda again. Removing the habit of ingesting sugary drinks will promote both weight loss and reduce the chance of acquiring diabetes mellitus type 2 significantly. Moreover, it reduces excessive ...
 (Total 80 words)
Consuming soda on daily basis is something that we should correct from our society. I have observed some people who can't get rid with soda. Specifically my relative. He can't get over with the day without consuming a bottle of soda or two. Actually, i was able to talk to him about his unhealthy lifestyle. However, unfortunately he wasn't able to take my advises to atleast alternately drink the soda every other day. I don't know what to do to let him stop from his want. Hopefully...
 (Total 91 words)
Well, its natural that growing up consuming these unhealthy beverages will make it difficult to kick the habit later in life. It’s only when they are diagnosed with diabetes or other diseases will they regret their lifestyle choices. I believe a healthy lifestyle starts in the home with parents modeling for their kids healthy food choices. When I was a kid, my mom banned sodas in our home and only allowed us to drink them on festive occasions. If we insisted on drinking them, we would end up wit...
 (Total 118 words)
Mark Edmon Tan I got rid of the habit, and I've been soda free for almost a year now. It's not a simple thing to do because you really have to make a decision to be healthy. What I did was, initially I tapered the consumption of sodas, then I switched to carbonated water. After that, it wasn't too hard to drink water anymore. It's funny because I tried drinking soda last week, and it really tastes...
 (Total 80 words)