General
How local healthcare providers can train Singaporeans to help in medical emergencies

How local healthcare providers can train Singaporeans to help in medical emergencies

Shared by:

It has been shown that starting rescue efforts for cardiac arrest victims while waiting for the ambulance to arrive increases survival. However, in Singapore, the bystander CPR rate is a mere 20%.

today.mims.com

27 Jan 2017 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan
It is a great article offering good suggestions to spread awareness about being helpful in medical emergencies.
In my opinion, ministry of health could offer courses of CPR for public for free or with discounted fees to attract them toward learning and as an advising how is important to be prepared and helpful in emergency cases, also doctors can volunteer to teach in this cou...
 (Total 69 words)
Not only healthcare students but also all public should be educated for emergency preparedness that who are watching at site of emergency and watching show. It is a good idea to organise a workshop at least 4 times in a year separately for public and to all healthcare professionals. Local healthcare professionals should be visionary in understanding upcoming problems in advance and should act accordingly in emergency situations. But I have not seen in my area here to work local HCPs for emergenc...
 (Total 96 words)