General
How healthcare professionals can support patients with physical deformities

How healthcare professionals can support patients with physical deformities

Shared by:

Physical deformities may include pectus deformities, burns, scoliosis, cleft lip and skin conditions such as vitiligo and port wine stains. In 2001, it was estimated that 1% of adults lived with a physical deformity.

today.mims.com

31 Jan 2017 - General

It is our responsibility being a health care professionals to equally prioritise our support to physical disabled person. Physical disabled persons can be motivated by our support. While doing a diagnosis or testing we should give priority to disabled person and know their additional health concerns and do help with our maximum efforts. I have seen some physically disabled persons feeling shy to be exposed to all, some do not discuss many needed things with healthcare professionals. We should mo...
 (Total 86 words)
I am a strong advocate of the holistic approach in treating my patients. For me, patient care does not stop at merely prescribing medications and giving medical advice. It is also important for me that my patients, especially those with deformities, to be able to adapt to society after they have recovered from their illness. Aside from encouraging them to join a support group, I usually tell my patients to embrace a new hobby and to cultivate themselves to increase their sense of self worth and ...
 (Total 89 words)