General
Over-prescription of antibiotics due to misinterpretations between doctors and patients

Over-prescription of antibiotics due to misinterpretations between doctors and patients

Shared by:

It has been found that patients are more likely to be infected by superbugs due to the overprescribing of antibiotics rather than unhygienic hospitals. Many doctors say that they prescribe antibiotics because patients demand for it. Do they?

today.mims.com

1 Feb 2017 - General

I like the whole discussion by my all fellows. This is the basic purpose of sharing news. I have received a huge diversity in responses by all of you. Thank you You Yi Hong , Chih Chiang Nieh , Marinelle Castro , ...
 (Total 53 words)
It is a great difficulty on the primary care side to act on the righteousness to reserve the usage of antibiotics for real indications and not to allow patients to simply request and buy antibiotics, because many of this market has already been spoilt. GPs and A & E physicians are dishing out antibiotics easily upon request in view of fear of complaints or lose of business. All wants to get the good feedback and build reputation and accede to their request, who wants to lose their job becaus...
 (Total 105 words)
Tahira Nawaz
Over and inappropriate intake of antibiotics is well known about its harmful effects and how it weakens the immunity system and how the later recognize antibiotics and make them useless because of misuse.
In my opinion, as long as patients can't buy antibiotics without prescription, it is the doctor 's call and he is the responsible to limit the patients within the prescribed medicat...
 (Total 90 words)