General
Retracting research papers: The cost of fraudulence to science

Retracting research papers: The cost of fraudulence to science

Shared by:

Being right is very often the single most important thing for any scientist. The notion of letting a mistake slip past one's eyes is dreaded by many researchers. Thus, when scientists are forced to retract their papers, disgrace is most likely to ensue.

today.mims.com

2 Feb 2017 - General

Chih Chiang Nieh I dont think that quantifying wastage in terms of the novelty of the results and whether if it its a wastage is not really appropiate. This is because the purpose of clinical research should be used to improve our patient care. Prominent voices have already started to call for a reduction in research waste. If anyone is interested in this, The lancet has published a series of articles to reduce ...
 (Total 77 words)
Tahira Nawaz . Thank you for sharing the article. I found that it was interesting that the author did not go into telling us about the costs of retracting/ fraud to science after going through the article. I think that besides focusing on fraud and its costs to science, it is also important to note areas which wasteful science is being performed. Wasteful science means science projects which are performed but do ...
 (Total 77 words)