General
Myvi driver who blocked ambulance's path on Federal Highway found, fined

Myvi driver who blocked ambulance's path on Federal Highway found, fined

Shared by:

SHAH ALAM: The driver of Perodua Myvi who was caught on camera, blocking and refusing to give way to an ambulance in the emergency lane of the Federal Highway recently, has turned up at the Shah Alam traffic police headquarters yesterday.

www.nst.com.my

3 Feb 2017 - General

Jeremy Goh , Thank you for sharing this story. It is inappropriate to block an ambulance when there is an emergency. I find it as a douche move by the driver and his excuse is even more pathetic than his mores. As for your statement regarding tailgating an ambulance, drivers here are inexplicably fond of doing so. Maybe this is the reason why traffic is horrible in the Philippines because drivers lack discipline....
 (Total 98 words)
In some countries for example, some ambulance can even beat the red traffic light, some can even have no speed limit when they are in an emergency. I was quite puzzled because in Singapore the SAF ambulance drive told me that there is a speed limit of 40km/hr if there were no emergency for the ambulamce, but the medical officer can give an order to increase the speed. Also, I notice some ambulance from private institutions are not allowed to beat the traffic light and still have to stop upon tra...
 (Total 99 words)