General
What does a hospice nurse do?

What does a hospice nurse do?

Shared by:

The fundamental objective of hospice care is to comfort patients, to let them feel at ease as death approaches. To help these patients live as comfortably as possible, the responsibility of the hospice nurse is to lessen the patient’s pain and avoid any burdensome interventions.

today.mims.com

6 Feb 2017 - General

Kathleen Peralta Is there a minimum number of BSN nurses that should be present in a shift? I've been reading about healthcare policies, and I encountered this issue in the United States wherein a legislator proposed a bill that will increase the number of BSN nurses per shift. The rationale for this is that, as you mentioned, the role of nursing homes/hospice care centers is evolving, and a lot of patients ...
 (Total 84 words)
Hi Marinelle Castro, thanks for the tag. I haven't actually work in a "hospice" who looks after terminally ill or renders palliative care to its patients. I have experience working in a care home but not everyone are in palliative care but I feel that they are still similar as we render holistic care to the patients. We look after their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs. compared to ...
 (Total 71 words)
Tahira Nawaz
Hospice nurses are needed very much to be occupied in every healthcare sector, their role is very important as they deal with very critical situations.
Unfortunately this field is not even exists in our country, and the level of nurses need to be reset.
The idea of occupying a hospice nurses is very great and the joining of the family of patients to spend time with him will off course enh...
 (Total 84 words)
We do not have a lot of hospice institutions in the Philippines. I am just wondering if Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Kathleen Peralta have any experience in working in such institutes. Since hospice centers usually house terminally i...
 (Total 85 words)
Thank you for sharing the article Tahira Nawaz . It provides a good view of the nursing services and experiences of the nurses in the hospice. Hospice is known by many as a potentially scary place because it is dealing with death everyday. This article can shine a light onto this area and allow others to see that it is not really bad there. It should be shared with junior nurses or nurses who are thinking of swit...
 (Total 81 words)