General
Trump’s travel ban challenged as study proves ability of foreign-trained doctors

Trump’s travel ban challenged as study proves ability of foreign-trained doctors

Shared by:

Elderly hospitalised US patients may have lower mortality rates if they are attended by foreign-trained doctors, compared to those US-trained, a Harvard study suggests. Amid President Trump’s 90-day ban on citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the US, what does this mean for America’s healthcare landscape?

today.mims.com

7 Feb 2017 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz
In my opinion the merging between two different cultures will off course give a rich result.
Foreign doctors leaving their countries to choose a well based country like america, seeking to continue their studies and succeed in their work, doing their best preventing any minor mistake in their work.
I think that is why they are considered better than us doctors concerning mortality r...
 (Total 70 words)
Thank you for sharing this article Mahmoud AbdelAziz . This specific issue has been previously shared by me on the community at http://community.mims.com/general/14739/patients-treated-by-foreign-educated-doctors-less-likely-to-die-study-finds. . There are a few comments by the users that you can read. It is undeniable that the foreign trained physicians form a important part of the US medical system, however, th...
 (Total 74 words)