General
'Heading' Soccer Ball Not Smart for the Brain

'Heading' Soccer Ball Not Smart for the Brain

Shared by:

It's tied to higher concussion risk in players, study finds

consumer.healthday.com

8 Feb 2017 - General

Yes, this is true. I have seen the documentary about the effects of soccer to the brain. There was an organization who encouraged players especially those who are 18 years old and below to avoid hitting the ball with their head. Since it can affect their brain which can cause concussions. I guess, there is no other action to prevent these for it is part of the game. However, players have a choice whether they'll kick it or hit it. And aside from that, they must be informed with this study s...
 (Total 101 words)
Soccer is a game which is played largely with legs, however, the practice of heading the ball to direct the ball in a certain direction is also performed. Conventionally, it was seen a a innocuous practice. This article describes an study which is performed in NY on 200 adult players. It shows that players who head the ball tend to suffer from concussion symptoms which are indicative of microstructure damage.I think further studies should be done and if there is true damage, then the soccer frat...
 (Total 101 words)