General
Doctor demands sex in return for helping patient get disability pension

Doctor demands sex in return for helping patient get disability pension

Shared by:

A Melbourne GP sent a patient a string of text messages suggesting sex in exchange for his assistance. He has been allowed to practice without conditions despite evidence of previous medical negligence and fraud.

today.mims.com

9 Feb 2017 - General

It's one of those news reports about doctors that makes me cringe. Unfortunately, in most news reports that we see, a lot of people have been abused already before the health professional gets reprimanded. I'm just curious if there is a difference in punishment if the victim is a vulnerable patient. Like Jemelyn Mae Sodusta said, it is most unacceptable to treat vulnerable patients that way. But of cours...
 (Total 76 words)
This is a horrendous incident that can never be accepted under any circumstance either as healthcare professional or as Muslim or as any good human being. This doctor should be made an example to deter anyone from taking advantage of the weak and vulnerable. I am glad that the victim in this case has spoken out and sought for justice. This kind of culprits can occur regardless of their various backgrounds. Following the ethical and medical guidelines appropriately will save both doctors and pati...
 (Total 89 words)