General
NHS burden worsens, sees 163% increase in operation waiting times

NHS burden worsens, sees 163% increase in operation waiting times

Shared by:

As the NHS crisis deepens, insufficient beds and resources force patients across the UK to wait longer in order to receive care, and surgeries are cancelled on short notice in order to accommodate for sicker patients.

today.mims.com

10 Feb 2017 - General

By the way, I would like to add about cancellations. I know that it's never good to hear that your operation is cancelled after waiting several weeks but the Surgeon/ Anaesthetist and the rest of the scrub team are doing it for the patients own good and not put their health/safety at risk. There will always be a medical reason why patients are cancelled on that day. As for operations being cancelled before the procedure, it could be that the Surgeon is sick and the hospital couldn't find...
 (Total 89 words)
Apologies for the late response Marinelle Castro . Upon reading the article, I would like to point out a few things. 1. "because the community healthcare provider failed to find her a suitable nursing home. " in relation to the patient who had a prolonged stay in the hospital which ends up with unnecessary expenses for the NHS. I can't believe that they weren't able to find a suitable care home ...
 (Total 144 words)