General
Why Exercise Is Not Enough to Prevent Weight Gain

Why Exercise Is Not Enough to Prevent Weight Gain

Shared by:

People who exercise don't necessarily lose more weight than people who don't, a new study finds.

www.livescience.com

11 Feb 2017 - General

Marinelle Castro You are right in stating that caloric deficit is really essential for weight loss. I remember Jack LaLanne, the Godfather of fitness, stating the quote: " Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you've got a kingdom." A deficit of 500 calories per day would promote 0.5kg weight loss in a week. A deficit of 1,000 calories per day would promote about a kilogram of ...
 (Total 72 words)
Thank you for sharing your insights on this topic. Mark Edmon Tan I agree that outcome measures were not very reliable, which made interpretation of confusing results. Nevertheless, the important thing to remember about weight loss is caloric deficit. If there is no caloric deficit, even you exercise or/and limit your diet, then there won't be any weight loss. At the end of the day, it all boils down to propo...
 (Total 73 words)
It is true that exercise and a sensible diet are both essential cornerstones of maintaining a healthy weight. I have some comment on the statement that some participants actually gained weight with regular exercise. Exercise can make one gain muscle mass and increase bodyweight. The outcome measure in this study is not a reliable measure and the conclusion may mislead people into thinking that exercise is not important. Exercise does more than make a person lose weight as it also builds collater...
 (Total 94 words)
Thank you for sharing this article Marinelle Castro . It is really true that exercise without diet is not as effective unlike having both diet and exercise at the same time. However, in the other side, I actually known someone who is really cutting calories in his diet. And believe me, he lost almost 4kgs. in a week. He actually did it without exercise. Though, i don't recommend this way to anyone. It is stil...
 (Total 82 words)
Thanking you for sharing an important topic for discussion in my opinion it is not an easy task to reduce weight for all persons with exercise even we know that it is easy to gain weight but to reduce weight so much efforts required especially in womens regarding we discussed earlier. Programmed diet and physical exercise is needed to reduce weight. We should recommend this to patients rather than prescribing medicines to all patient subjects, wherever possible we should not recommend medicines ...
 (Total 85 words)