General
IMH patient jailed two years for kicking and stomping fellow patient's head

IMH patient jailed two years for kicking and stomping fellow patient's head

Shared by:

A patient from Singapore’s Institute of Mental Health has been sentenced with a two-year jail term for inflicting severe injuries to a fellow patient by kicking and stomping on his head.

today.mims.com

12 Feb 2017 - General

I don't understand why a mentally ill patient was sentenced to jail knowing that this person is mentally challenged. Also, this wouldn't have happened if the institution have implemented the "Safety Nurse" initiative, The initiative did mention that nurses must remain with the high risk patients at all times. So, if there were nurses readily available, the incident could have been prevented. In the Dementia unit where I used to work, for our highly agressive patients, we won&#...
 (Total 129 words)
Oh gosh! This is awful! Working in a mental facility is greatly challenging. Not only for the nurses, medical staff and security but also the safety of other patients are at stake. This kind of incident is one of a kind. And sending over the patient/victim to death is just.. I couldn't describe a word for what happened. If the victim wasn't been injured then he might not received that tranquilizing agent and developed the reaction. This should be a lesson learned for everyone not just in...
 (Total 97 words)