General
Tai Po Hospital Chief of Psychiatry Dr Dicky Wai-Sau Chung on the frustrations and challenges of treating psychiatric drug abusers

Tai Po Hospital Chief of Psychiatry Dr Dicky Wai-Sau Chung on the frustrations and challenges of treating psychiatric drug abusers

Shared by:

In this exclusive interview, Dr Dicky Wai-Sau Chung, who has more than 20 years of experience treating psychiatric patients in public hospitals, shared with MIMS some deeper insights into doctors’ frustrations and challenges in treating drug abusers with psychiatric symptoms, and provided his perspectives on what can be done to win this long-term battle.

today.mims.com

15 Feb 2017 - General

That could really be very frustrating but I think everything boils down to our own moral foundation. And when do we start it? It should begin during the grade school years in which we should inculcate the correct manners/conduct and drugs shouldn’t be the answer to any problems or even peer pressure. I don’t have many drug-related problems in my practice but I consider smoking as a similar problem. Parents who smoke have children with recurrent respiratory tract infections. The male population i...
 (Total 141 words)