General
World’s most prolific editor Dr José Florencio Lapeña, Jr discusses the state of medical research in the Philippines

World’s most prolific editor Dr José Florencio Lapeña, Jr discusses the state of medical research in the Philippines

Shared by:

Named by Publons’ Sentinel of Science Awards as the world’s most prolific editor, Dr José Florencio Lapeña talked to MIMS and outlined the state of medical research in the Philippines: The gaps that need addressing, the efforts various educational institutions and the government are putting in, and his hopes for the future.

today.mims.com

16 Feb 2017 - General

Not only in Filipinos but also many of all Asian countries are depending on the other researched for healthcare perspective including medicines also being innovated by USA/EU countries as a new drug there are several other reasons behind that R&D cost is too too high one cant bear that. I am happy to hear about Phillipines in to the medical research and definitely other countries should followed in same path. Healthcare research should cover major problems of nation and should able to resolv...
 (Total 101 words)
I think that one way to improve research in the country is to change the concept of research in schools. When I was a student, and I think this holds true until now, most students perform research because it is a requirement, rather than an opportunity to investigate on something that will contribute to science and health. I admire Dr Lapena and I am hopeful that I will be able to attend one of their workshops! ...
 (Total 94 words)