General
Patient Positioning Nursing Cheat Sheet for NCLEX • Nurseslabs

Patient Positioning Nursing Cheat Sheet for NCLEX • Nurseslabs

Shared by:

Here's a list of the common patient positioning for different conditions, diseases, and nursing procedures. Free to download and print!

nurseslabs.com

21 Feb 2017 - General

I'll like to link this question to another answer that was just posted to Dr Sahay's Question on Patients in OPD with no serious injuries:

http://community.mims.com/general/15210/thousands-of-heart-attack-victims-had-symptoms-missed-by-doctors

QUOTED MESSAGE
Community Q&A (MIMS Community is here to answer your questions):
The answer / link above was posted due to a question we've received from Dr Sahay: (Slightly rephrased due to clarity)

Patien...
 (Total 136 words)
Community Q&A (MIMS Community is here to answer your questions):
The answer / link above was posted due to a question we've received from Dr Sahay: (Slightly rephrased due to clarity)

Patients with injuries due to fall may be sent to OPD if no serious fracture or extensive ligament tear are noticed.
The treatment follows recommended guidelines. However, after the Doctor had advised bed-rest, the patient should be informed about desirable positions viz. prone or supine. M...
 (Total 108 words)
Thanks for tagging me Jemelyn Mae Sodusta ! This is surely helpful to my practice and of course for any upcoming examinations especially NCLEX. Common positioning after surgeries and procedures are the most common questions from examinations and interviews. I just remember way back when we were about to take up the board examinations, we can memorize almost all types of positions. I though after graduation, study...
 (Total 87 words)
Thank you for sharing this refreshing article Mahmoud AbdelAziz . I wish i had seen this cheat sheet way before i took my board examination. It has desired position to each cases and has rationale why a certain position is performed. It is really helpful not just for us nurses but as well as to doctors. Priscilla Mae Gobuyan save ...
 (Total 67 words)
It is useful to to all health care professionals especially to nurses, operation assistants and young doctors. It is covered almost all common postures here but it would be a good if it is having pictorial or photographs. Then it is an easy task for a patient or anybody based on pictures one can go accordingly. It is better to have a pictorial type diagrams of flow of position in every area to guide patient and useful for a smooth diagnosis. Thanking you ...
 (Total 91 words)