General
Putrajaya teacher tries to commit suicide during class - Nation | The Star Online

Putrajaya teacher tries to commit suicide during class - Nation | The Star Online

Shared by:

PUTRAJAYA: It was a team effort that saved the life of a teacher who allegedly attempted suicide while class was still in session at a secondary school here.

www.thestar.com.my

3 Mar 2017 - General

Stressed teachers should be supported through periodic screenings and programs as Theekshana Abayawickrama suggested. However, I have to disagree with Tahira Nawaz. Teachers developing mental health problems like depression should be treated and supported in their jobs not banned from teaching, same like healthcare professionals a...
 (Total 63 words)
Sometime last year, a MIMS article discussed about the growing problem of increasing mental health conditions in Malaysia. If I remember correctly, the article discussed about suicide among students. This is the first article that I have encountered, which narrates a suicide attempt during class. However, I wonder about this case because suicide attempts are usually done in private. It is difficult to distinguish whether the teacher also wants attention (as we have discussed in another post). Wh...
 (Total 86 words)