General
Critical issues Nurses face today?

Critical issues Nurses face today?

Shared by:

We, nurses' are great conquerors of ourselves in facing the daily life issues. How do you cope and regulate pressures?

allnurses.com

4 Mar 2017 - General

Kathleen Peralta In our wards we get to handle more or less 6. That seldom happens that we get to handle 4 patients but at least wayback when I started 3 years ago, I handled 8-9 patients. And that's terrible! I feel like a robot just giving out medications but with the 1:4-6 ratio, at least we can feel we're nurses who gives care to patients. ...
 (Total 92 words)
In response to Chih Chiang Nieh insights in relations to work related hazards. Personally, I am one of those nurses who gets paranoid contacting BBV from a patient especially that I work in a high risk area (Dialysis and Theatre). It does cause me stress in some ways thinking about the "what if's" during a shift. As for upgrading credentials, it is definitely a challenge or an issue because we are ...
 (Total 99 words)
I agree with Theekshana Abayawickrama . Nurses are not only dealing with lives but as well as with latest technology, where we have to handle too and we should have the knowledge on how to use it. This fast developed technology, we (nurses) should be flexible enough to be able to adjust with the new set of devices. Aside from that, understaffing is a never ending problem of nurses. I guess it takes time to address...
 (Total 83 words)
Marinelle Castro Ideal patient ratio for nurses in the wards (private wards) would be at least 1:4-6 patients.. In medical ICU's 1:1-2 would do.. In emergency rooms I think 1:3-4 I'm not quite sure of. Having four patients would be the best ratio because you'll be able to attend the needs of your patients and you can really feel that you are a nurse. And not just simply a robot who gives out medicatio...
 (Total 78 words)
Chih Chiang Nieh Thanks for all your insights on the topic. I like everything that you said. It's true that we do have extended shifts without even being paid for sadly. We go early before the time starts and end up the day almost 2 hours late. Only except for emergency rooms, they're able to come and go exactly on time. Maybe because they're handling patients in a short span of time and they can eas...
 (Total 81 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Among the items that were mentioned in this article, I think that understaffing is the most common dilemma of nurses in our region. Even private institutes have this problem. Would you know the ideal nurse to client ration in wards and emergency settings? I also think that other healthcare professionals suffer from similar issues because few graduates practice their healthcare professions du...
 (Total 71 words)