General
Hand hygiene: What if HCPs did not wash hands?

Hand hygiene: What if HCPs did not wash hands?

Shared by:

Hand washing is practiced worldwide and is seen as a measure of protection against infection. When did the clinical practice start and what are the risks if not practiced? MIMS takes a closer look.

today.mims.com

7 Mar 2017 - General

Chih Chiang Nieh Handwashing should be taken seriously as it is a really effective tool for preventing disease transmission. In fact, meticulous handwashing is the primary way of preventing neonatal sepsis. Priscilla Mae Gobuyan I agree that this regimen is basic yet many HCPs are guilty of not doing. Most would prefer using alco...
 (Total 74 words)
Every healthcare professional should practice hand washing in order to prevent infections. Unfortunately, statistics show that not all medical professionals are able to do this for several reasons. I remember that there was a discussion here in the medical community about the hazards of frequent hand washing. Unfortunately, this is true for me because sometimes my hands become too dry from frequent hand washing. Nevertheless, we must prioritize this standard precaution in order to take care of o...
 (Total 81 words)
There is absolutely no other substitute for hand washing. Just as stated in this article, countless diseases can be prevented by washing hands in running water. It does not only promote good hygiene but is also the most effective and inexpensive way to ward off disease spread. I think that the sector responsible for health in each country must come up with more campaigns to encourage frequent hand washing. Reiterating the importance of hand washing and the consequences of not doing so may help c...
 (Total 89 words)