General
Filipino nurses encouraged to explore career opportunities in Australia

Filipino nurses encouraged to explore career opportunities in Australia

Shared by:

“We need more healthcare workers to meet the demands of an ageing population,” Australia-registered migration agent, Vikram Sharma said during the Australia Nursing Career Expo held in Cebu City last 4th March 2017.

today.mims.com

8 Mar 2017 - General

Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Filipinos do have the trademark of being hospitable and empathetic. Asians, in general, have way better bedside manners as compared to Western counterparts. As for the language test being the barrier, the IELTS exam has been the waterloo for most. I think Western require 9 out of 10 points in order to grant admission. This may sound unfair for most who use English as the second language; how...
 (Total 85 words)
I am not surprised hearing about these kind of sentiments being expressed by foreign countries about their desire to hire and choose filipino nurses. I think it is already in our culture and one filipino trait to become hospitable. As the name itself suggests, nursing is to give care to those who are in need. I think one of the hindrance of being deployed to foreign countries most especially European countries would be the language test. They require a higher standard for writing score band. A l...
 (Total 115 words)
Shunjie Chua , thank you for your replies. I do not agree with you with there is no shortage of nurses globally. You are only talking about the States and not globally. You can open your eyes and see how many health care systems in many countries are desperate in having to recruit nurses as professionals and bringing in foreign talents. There is an increase in demand in nurses in view of the workload. Green card is out of point in this topic of discussion as we are talking about Australia and g...
 (Total 96 words)
Unlike what is claimed by Chih Chiang Nieh . There is actually not a global shortage of nurses. If one goes through the nursing grapevine in the states, there appears that there is not much of a shortage there. It is often very difficult to be able to obtain a job in the states if you do not have a green care. Due to the retrogression of green card, it can take 5-7 years for a nurse to get a green card and few e...
 (Total 92 words)
It is great to get the standpoint from one of the nurses in MIMS community. Thank you Jemelyn Mae Sodusta. I am glad to know that you are one of those who are open to advancing one's career outside of the country. Chih Chiang Nieh and ...
 (Total 86 words)