General
Mediterranean diet linked to lower breast cancer risk, study says

Mediterranean diet linked to lower breast cancer risk, study says

Shared by:

A study published in the International Journal of Cancer on Monday suggests that the Mediterranean diet may help prevent estrogen-receptor-negative breast cancer.

edition.cnn.com

10 Mar 2017 - General

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Unfortunately, olive oil is very expensive in our region, and most people use vegetable oil or canola oil. The prices of vegetables and fruits are also becoming more expensive that's why people would rather eat at fast food chains. I really hope that there will be a reform in the government's focus with regards to food pricing to make healthy food products more affordable for c...
 (Total 70 words)
Mediterranean diet has been previously documented to decrease the risk of obesity and hypertension. The recent findings of the advantage of adapting a Mediterranean diet also shows that it has benefits in reducing the risk of estrogen receptor breast cancer. I am of the opinion that this may be related to the reduction in body fat, since adipose tissue is a hormone-sensitive tissue that is related to estrogen production and metabolism. Any opinions regarding this new research finding? I also wan...
 (Total 93 words)