General
Pharmacists, here’s why supplement trends matter

Pharmacists, here’s why supplement trends matter

Shared by:

For a community pharmacy to remain competitive, the pharmacists need to ensure that it is able to cater to the demand for vitamins and supplements.

today.mims.com

22 Mar 2017 - General

Shunjie Chua Marinelle Castro Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Supplements can be harmful if they are taken beyond the recommended dose. Hence, pharmacists have to play a huge role in reminding patients that it should be taken ...
 (Total 71 words)
Afaque Ali I agree with you that a balanced diet trumps synthetic analogues of both macro and micronutrients. This is the reason why we and our patients should always aim for a colorful plate during meals. An article was previously discussed about the color coding of food and its positive effects on the body. Imported supplements really cost a lot of money yet it comes to no surprise that some would prefer taking...
 (Total 80 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan I think that every HCP should be knowledgeable about the consequences of long-term supplement use. When patients ask me about a certain supplement, I always stress that the therapeutic claims are not approved but he/she may try as long as there is no kidney problem or the nephrologist is okay with it. I agree with you that there should be some regulation with supplements to protect the...
 (Total 73 words)
I think that the supplement industry is a very big contributor to boosting pharmacy sales, as many people seem to use supplements, especially since they are very aggressively marketed (here in our country) and really lack strict regulation. Even if pharmacies do carry such supplements because they account for a large percentage of sales, it would be better if the pharmacists are knowledgeable about these and can provide information and precautionary measures to consumers when they buy these supp...
 (Total 79 words)