General
How Herbal Slimming Tea Works

How Herbal Slimming Tea Works

Shared by:

You might be tempted to reach for an herbal slimming tea to speed your weight loss. After all, "herbs" in the name makes the product seem benign -- even healthy -- and you welcome any help you can get when you're trying to lose pounds. The promises these teas make are usually too good to be true, though. According to the label, the...

www.livestrong.com

22 Mar 2017 - General

Mark Edmon Tan I've seen a patient who suffered from a stroke perhaps due to excessive consumption of slimming tea together with diet pills. Similar to your case, she was not aware that these products contain a stimulant. Apparently, she has developed the habit of taking these products just before she goes to the gym to do her cross fit regimen. One day after her gym session, she developed left sided weakness...
 (Total 87 words)
Shunjie Chua Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is true that there are better options for losing weight than taking slimming teas. These teas promote "weight loss" by way of diuresis. We have to remind our patients that weight loss does not equate to fat loss. Fat loss is the goal to prevent lifestyle related diseases and this could only be achieved with regular exercise and a balanced diet with ...
 (Total 78 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Afaque Ali Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Thank you for sharing your insights. Laxatives are one of the most commonly abused drugs for those who wish to lose weight. The manufacturers ingeniously incorporated laxatives for meti...
 (Total 62 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan Yes, the presence of unwanted/banned substances is very possible in slimming teas. Let me share a story about a female athlete who was a title contender in the field of collegiate taekwondo way back in 2008. She was taking slimming tea to make weight for her division. Unfortunately, she was unaware that the tea contains ephedra, a substance that increases metabolism and is banned internation...
 (Total 115 words)
As I have mentioned in the previous article I posted, herbal sliming teas are among the products that are easily accessible which, in my opinion, must be regulated because it can be dangerous if taken excessively. Nowadays, people's perception of beauty is a slim figure almost bordering on anorexic. Many people, especially from the female population, would resort to different ways on how to achieve the perfect figure. This includes weight loss pills and herbal slimming teas. These substances...
 (Total 91 words)