General
4 drug education facilities for out-of-school youth opens in QC

4 drug education facilities for out-of-school youth opens in QC

Shared by:

Four Special Drug Education Centers (SPEC) whose aim is to counsel and educate out-of-school youth and street children at risk for drug dependence has been opened by the local government of Quezon City.

today.mims.com

23 Mar 2017 - General

Jemelyn Mae Sodusta There has been a lot of underreported improvements in the Philippines such as improved traffic flow. The president gets a bad reputation as the media seems to nitpick negative news about him. The most important amendment he did this year is to put more budget in healthcare instead of national defense. This is the first time this happened I believe in my 29 years of existence and it shows that ...
 (Total 113 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Prevention is better than cure. This dictum holds true especially when it comes to drug use. I wish that this program will help inspire out-of-school kids to pursue different career avenues instead of throwing their future away with drug use. I can see the shift in the government's approach to the battle against drugs and the method of educating people is probably the most effective so...
 (Total 72 words)
Marinelle Castro Yes, Quezon City has a high census of declared drug users. It is refreshing to know that this city is taking the right step in preventing the youth from using drugs. Out-of-school children are more prone to drug use as a source of escape from significant stressors such as flawed psychosocial dynamics. Opening these schools can persuade them to channel their stress into productivity. Thank you fo...
 (Total 72 words)
Madhubabu kaaja I agree with you that educating people is probably the best move in battling drug use. Proper guidance and counselling can be very helpful especially for the younger generation because it gives them new life choices other than being hooked to recreational drug use. For those who have previously succumbed to drugs, this is very helpful in preventing relapse or habitual use of drugs. Thank you for sh...
 (Total 72 words)
As the Philippines is in the middle of a war against drugs, I think that this is a rather timely and effective way of promoting a drug-free country. I hold firm to my convictions that prevention is the best way to battle any for of problem or disease, in this case, drug-addiction. Educating the youth and spreading awareness about the dangers of using illicit drugs is a form of prevention or primary care. I think that the government should continue to come up with less invasive and violent tactic...
 (Total 95 words)